Following are dozens of quotes, mostly dredged from reddit and Bitcointalk.
- Sure, but it beats verifying all the transactions by hand like they did in the old days of quaint paper money, hahaha those poor bastards with their ”cash registers” and shillings and whatnot.
- I love this. People who try to make points like this against bitcoin don’t seem to realize how infantile cash and banking systems are in comparison.
- this is governments going OMG/WTF bitcoin is real–it’s a strong currency in the midst of our little currency war. All currencies are competing to devalue, simultaneously. BTC isn’t. This is like prohibition; as soon as inflation picks up, the masses will come.
- Using Xbox or PS3 to mine coins? Anybody tried this before? I know their GPU’s aren’t top of the line, but for people like me who don’t game much they could be going to much better use.
- I don’t think we are near the peak either. It’s fascinating to watch bitcoin grow, evolve and get its financial tentacles all over things.
This may be the final straw for bitcoins. There was a massive selloff today (180k coins and counting) as the price of bitcoins crashed through the $5 price point. Everyone’s jumping ship right now.
There’s really little chance of it ever coming back above that price point. Here’s the all-time chart, this is by far the largest selloff in Bitcoin’s history happening right now.
And just for fun, here’s another graph:
Remember when I called the peak at the beginning of June? I got so much shit for that.
Someone look at my post yesterday and tell me I wasn’t right on the fucking money with where in the bubble we were.
Someone decides they want to be an internet million, sells off 135k of bitcoins, becoming a millionaire off the backs of broke nerds.
What happens when you place a sell order that large in a market that volitile? It drops like a fucking rock.
Woah, nelly. And it seems to be dropping and dropping more and more every minute.
The currency of the future!
BTW Mt. Gox stands for “Magic the Gathering online exchange”. That is the larget bitcoin marketplace, a discarded MtG site.